An enterprise that meets the needs of the future
Back in 1980s when Indian companies were still grappling with rudimentary technologies , a Visionary , a Leader and a Pioneer was giving shape to a truly Digital Enterprise.
Yes, this is the story of a visionary who saw the future and put his bets on it. Nitin Shah , CMD Allied Digital, established the digital company in 1984. Looking into the future, he could clearly see that digital is going to be the core differentiator and way of the future. He thus established ‘Allied Digital’
The company ever since, has been reading the digital business landscape quicker and clearer than others and is at the forefront of Digital Transformation and crafting offerings in the Metaverse and has taken position on the new emerging world that the biggies like Facebook are also betting on.
On six consecutive occasions, Allied Digital has proven its uncanny ability to read the future and transform itself internally with BOLD moves.
Move 1 : (1984-1993). Profit Driven
- Supporting mainframes and data entry machines
- In 1987 joined the PC bandwagon
- Networking and communications focus
- Managing lifecycle of products and services
- Grew from a team of 3 to 150 people
Move 2 : (1994-2001). Value Driven
- Standardized vision, mission, and core values
- Created C-suite for each specialized function –CEO/CIO/COO/CFO/CTO etc and delegated responsibilities
- Expanded geographical presence and established Direct to client support model.
- Achieved stupendous growth
Move 3 : (2001-2007). Strategy Driven
- Dotcom bubble burst
- IT industry in recession
- Discontinued end stage Lines of Business
- Industry was downsizing but Allied Digital increased manpower to grow business
- Created compelling valuations to attract funding for further expansion plans
Move 4 :(2007-2013).Inorganic growth Driven
- Maiden IPO in 2007 oversubscribed 69 times
- QIP in 2009
- Established global delivery center in Mumbai, NOC & SOC
- Strategic purchase of Digicomp Pvt Ltd in 2008; sold in 2013 at 7 times acquisition value
- Acquired NASDAQ listed US company Enpointe‘s service division
- Recruited experienced core team to scale up and scale out the business
Move 5 (2013 – 2019) : Transformation Driven
- Pre-empted major shift in IT computing environment with the advent of Cloud mobility
- Reoriented the business to make it next-gen ready
- Adopted tools and technology and shared model for matured service delivery
- Skilled up the entire team in next gen technology
- As a result of transformation bagged path-breaking Pune City Surveillance project of
Rs.225 crore(executed in 2015) under GOI initiative of Digital India
- Achieved market leader status in Safe and smart city projects which is expected to be $50
Billion opportunity in India.
- Bagged Rajkot, Bidkin , Aurangabad , Kalyan-Dombivali Smart City projects which
are under execution with more such projects in pipeline
- Expanded global footprint to 70 countries
Move 6 (2020 onwards) : Disruption Driven
- Adopt newer disruptive technologies to result into disruption in business models by leveraging internet capabilities, cloud computing, social media, big data Analytics, Blockchain, AI/ML etc.
- Allied Digital is positioning itself to be a major player as Global Digital Transformation Architect focusing on B2E/B2G , Smart Cities and other IP based solutions.
- Started incubation center to support start-ups
The big bets have driven a healthy growth in revenue on a YOY basis. Allied Digital’s corporate vision holds true, which is to become the most admired global IT services provider by consistently applying and reinforcing 3 mega forces i.e. Develop technological depth. Augment resources, reach and infrastructure and finally leverage the best management practices for operational excellence.
[author title=”” image=”http://”]Mr. Nitin Shah , CMD, Allied Digital[/author]